Activities & Prestations
The activities of the DNA and Cell Bank are as follows:
- Collecting blood or DNA from patients affected with genetic diseases and their families with the minimum identification data necessary for the monitoring and follow-up of samples.
- Processing the samples in order to make them available to the scientific community and perpetuating DNA preservation (serum isolation and DNA extraction), isolating lymphocytes and establishing lymphoblastoid B lines and primary cultures (mainly myoblasts and fibroblasts).
- Storing samples for future research and preserving the genetic heritage by ensuring the long-term physical security of the preserved samples.
- Distributing samples as necessary for ongoing research while complying with the principles and laws of bioethics and using the best available technologies at minimum cost.All these activities are carried out following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) validated by the Quality Assurance department at Genethon.
The Bank’s activity is exclusively one of research, not of diagnosis.
The Bank is open to researchers in France or abroad wishing to store samples or use the services provided (extraction, establishment of cell lines etc.).
Each sample received at Genethon is coded in order to guarantee confidentiality, in accordance with the rules established by the CNIL (French Data Protection Authority).
All requests for collaboration with the DNA and Cell Bank should be made in writing to Dr Safaa SAKER-DELYE.
Transport of biological resources :
For all requests pertaining to transport, processing and storage of biological resources, a collaboration contract specifying rights and obligations of all parties will be drawn up.
Other services :
- Requests for lymphoblastoid cell line services
- DNA requests and table to be completed
- Primary culture requests
- Serum requests
These services are provided at an established rate.